Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Body Composition #3

I went to see Jarrod for my Body Composition check in today - I had a shocking day, one of those that you are immediately behind from the moment you get up in the morning.  I felt rushed all day long and on the brink of tears for most of it.....chocolate popped up into my thoughts many times during the day - isn't it crazy that we have this emotional link to something that is bad for us with the feeling that it will do something good!  Time to retrain the emotional responses maybe.  Anyway, I got to Jarrod (10 minutes late for a 15minute consultation - lucky for me the person after me must have been having an even worse day and didn't show up at all)

I wasn't sure how it was going to go - I know my measurements have been going down but my weight seemed to be staying the same or moving just a little.  You can see from the results below that things are heading in the right direction.  Since my last scan 4 weeks ago I have lost 2% body fat which is great.  I have lost 1.6kg of fat and the only sightly concerning factor is that I have lost 400g of muscle.  However the breakdown of my scan shows that the majority of muscle lost came from my trunk which be have observed through this pregnancy and the last that this is an area that gains muscles whilst you are pregnant to enable it to support the growing weight of your belly so it would be expected that you would shed this muscle after pregnancy when it is no longer required for your day to day living.  I will however keep an eye on muscle loss in my next scan as the aim of the game is to maintain the muscles I have in order to maximise my metabolism.

So here you have it:

27th October 2010 - latest scan
Body Fat % = 28.3%
Total Body Weight = 59.9kg
Fat Mass = 16.9kg
Lean Body Mass = 40.5kg

23rd September 2010
Body Fat % = 30%
Total Body Weight = 61.8kg
Fat Mass = 18.5kg
Lean Body Mass = 40.9kg

5th August 2010 (first post baby scan)
Body Fat % = 30.5%
Total Body Weight = 64.1kg
Fat Mass = 19.5kg
Lean Body Mass = 42.1kg

I'm feeling pretty happy with my progress and motivated to stay on track (and I don't want the chocolate anymore)  however I am not where I was at this stage after my last pregnancy - check the results from this time last time below.....


8th October 2008
BF: 26.4%
TBW: 57.7kg
FM: 15.2kg
LBM: 40.4kg



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: